21 days ago I challenged myself to quit social media for a while. I particulary meant Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube. These are the sites I lose most of my time on. Today, I wanted to write a post about my experience.
There are quite a few things I noticed:
• Most obviously, I had a lot more time. It became even more clear just how much time I was spending on social media.
• I became a lot more creative. I was constantly creating stuff and it felt really good.
• I know now whose content actually interests me. They’re the people I looked forward to watching again. I’ve decided I will unfollow everyone else, because there’s not enough value for me to watch them.
• Facebook doesn’t interest me at all. I’ve noticed that at no moment I was curious to see my timeline. From now on, I’m not spending any more time on Facebook.
• Twitter, Instagram and YouTube do bring me value and I’ll continue to use the sites. I will however be more selective in what I consume and only choose the things I actually enjoy.
So in conclusion, this has been a good three weeks. I’ve enjoyed being a lot more creative. I wont stop using social media, because it does bring me value, but I’ll be more selective of the content and I’ll limit the time I spend on it.
Thanks for reading! See you next time!