Since it’s Christmas Eve tonight, I thought today would be a perfect day to post a christmas-y book tag! So without further ado, let’s get started with the joy of christmas book tag! I’ll my answers will be books I read in 2017!
1) Anticipation: The Christmas excitement is real, what book release(s) are you most anticipating?
To be honest, I’m not very up to date with the new releases, but I do know Becky Albertalli is coming out with a new book: ‘Leah on the Offbeat’. I’m very excited for that!
2) Christmas Songs & Carols: What book or author can you not help but sing its praises?
That would be Kids of Appetite by David Arnold. I read it this summer and I instantly fell in love with it. I didn’t expect to love it that much and it was a fantastic surprise. This book was quirky in the most perfect way. The writing style was absolutely beautiful! This was truly a work of art and I’d recommend it to everyone!
3) Gingerbread Houses: What book or series has wonderful world building?
The first answer that comes to mind is Warcross by Marie Lu. I really liked that world and I got clearly imagine it thanks to Marie Lu’s great descriptions. I highly enjoyed this book and I would definitely recommend it too!
4) A Christmas Carol: Favorite classic or one that you want to read
My favourite classic is most definitely The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry! I grew up reading that book. A classic I’d like to read is 1984 by George Orwell. Most English classics aren’t required reading for me and I’m slowly making my way through them. Very slowly that is. 1984 is one that is high on the list!
5) Christmas Sweets: What book would you love to receive for Christmas
The book that is the highest on my Christmas wish list this year is Girls Made of Snow and Glass by Melissa Bashardoust! I’ve heard it’s a feminist, fantasy retelling of Snow White with two ladies falling in love. So if that doesn’t sound fantastic, I don’t know what does!
6) Candles in the Window: What book gives you that warm fuzzy feeling
My answer has to be Simon VS The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli. I read this for the first time in February of this year and I’ve already re-read it twice. It just makes me happy. I always read it in a day because I just can’t put it down.
7) Christmas Trees & Decorations: What are some of your favorite book covers?
Here’s a collection of covers I loved this year. Obviously there were a lot more covers I loved. I think I’ll make a post about it soon!
8) Christmas Joy: What are some of your favorite things about Christmas And/Or some of your favorite Christmas memories?
My favourite thing about Christmas is definitely that people put lights everywhere. I also love our Christmas tree, being together with family, the food, the warmth, the presents, etc. It’s my favourite holiday!
Those were all the questions! Since I wasn’t tagged by anyone, I won’t be tagging people. I hope you enjoyed this post! Thanks for reading! See you next time!