Today is my birthday! I’m now fifteen years old. To celebrate I’m doing this tag I found over at icebreaker694, the original creator. The tag is called the epic birthday blog tag and I’m excited to get started!
- Always Always Always pingback/link to icebreaker694‘s site (she wants to see your answers).
- Post this on your birthday!!! Or not, y’know, you do you.
- Answer the questions! (You might have to do some digging, hope that’s not a problem.)
- Tag as many bloggers as you can! (At least 1+ so the tag won’t die!)
WHEN’S YOUR BIRTHDAY (MONTH + DAY)?
My birthday is on the 21st of May, a.k.a. today!
WHAT’S YOUR ZODIAC SIGN?
This is a bit complicated. I kinda have two zodiac signs. On the day I was born it switched between Taurus and Gemini. I consider myself both!
WHAT’S YOUR BIRTHSTONE?
I didn’t know this, but apparently my birth stone is an emerald. I do like it 🙂
DO YOU KNOW SOMEONE WITH THE SAME BIRTHDAY?
One of my previous friends has the same birthday. As for famous people, Gotye ( the Belgian-Australian singer), The Notorious B. I. G. (American rapper) and a ton of other people I have never heard of.
WHAT HISTORICAL EVENT OCCURRED ON YOUR BIRTHDAY?
- On the 21st of may 1851 slavery was abolished in Colombia.
- On the same day in 1881 the American Red Cross is established by Clara Barton in Washington D.C.
- On the same day the great Atlanta fire of 1917 happened.
- On the 21st of May 1932 bad weather forced Amelia Earhart to land in a pasture in Derry, Northern Ireland, and she thereby became the first woman to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean.
- In 1966 The Ulster Volunteer Force declared war on the Irish Republican Army in Northern Ireland.
- In 1972 Michelangelo’s Pietà in St. Peter’s Basilica in Rome was damaged by a vandal, the mentally disturbed Hungarian geologist Laszlo Toth.
- On the 21st of May 1980 Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back was released in theaters.
- In 1991 the Ethiopian Civil War ended on this day.
- In 2002 I was born 😉
I found these events the most interesting, but a ton more happened. The list is just way to long to include everything.
WHAT DO YOU USUALLY DO TO CELEBRATE YOUR BIRTHDAY?
I have two birthday parties, one with my friends and one with my family. The one with my family involves a lot of cake.
WERE YOU BORN IN THE MORNING, AFTERNOON, OR THE NIGHT?
I was born at noon, another reason the whole zodiac sign situation is even more complicated.
IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY PRESENT IN THE WORLD, WHAT PRESENT WOULD IT BE?
I would love to get an unlimited amount of money to spend on books! It would be amazing to go to a bookstore and pick up EVERY book I want to read!
WHAT’S YOUR EARLIEST BIRTHDAY MEMORY?
When I was younger I used to collect Playmobil®! I loved to play with it. I remember waking up on my birthday and my close family coming into my room singing Happy Birthday. They had a big box of Playmobil® with them and I loved it! I remember setting it up and building a new addition to my house right away.
HOW DID YOU GET YOUR NAME?
If my older brother had been a girl my parents would have named him Emma, but he isn’t so his name is Michiel (Michael in English). When I was born however my parents thought there were already too many Emma’s, so they called me Eva.
HAVE YOU EVER FORGOTTEN YOUR BIRTHDAY?
Nope. I never have and I don’t think I ever will.
BOOK FLASH: 5 BOOKS YOU’D WANT TO BE GIVEN ON YOUR SPECIAL DAY!
For this question let me refer you back to a post I made a while ago, My Bookish Wish List !
LASTLY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! TREAT YOURSELF TO A GIF!
I’m going to tag me five latest followers as a way of saying thank you to them.
If your birthday is somewhere in the near future I also tag you!
That’s all for today. I hope you enjoyed this post. See you next time!