Here I am with another post in my ’16 things’ series and today I’m going to talk about 16 bookish things about me. My reading habits have changed a quite a bit this year and I thought this was a good way to look back. So without further ado, let’s jump right in!
1. I can’t read with a lot of background noise.
I can’t read with music playing. I can’t read while someone is talking. I can’t read while someone is watching TV. I can’t read while someone is on the phone. I want to, but I just can’t concentrate.
2. I ( almost ) only read YA.
If you’ve read some more of my blog, you probably know that by now.
3. My favourite books are …
- I’ll give you the sun by Jandy Nelson
- The heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan
- Red queen by Victoria Aveyard ( my review )
- The fault in our stars by John Green
4. I like to drink tea while reading.
More precisely, I like to drink green tea with a hint of lemon, citrus tea or tropical fruit tea.
5. I don’t read horror books
thanks, but no thanks.
6. I like to keep my books in perfect state.
Need I say more?
7. I use bookmarks.
I’m not the type of reader that just leaves a book open, so the spine cracks nor do I dog-ear pages. When I see someone do this I’m just like
So thanks, but I’ll just stick with my bookmarks.They’re so beautiful anyway.
*please ignore the typo on the bookmark. Everyone makes mistakes, right?
8. I ship Percabeth and Frazel.
They are just so lovely together. *heart eyes*
This fan art isn’t mine, but I can’t find whose it is.
9. I mostly read at home in bed or on the couch.
This kinda has a lot to do with it having to be quiet for me to read.
10. I hate reading slumps.
Don’t we all? I’m in one right know and I hate it.
11. I started reading more when I started really getting involved in the book community.
I always loved to read, but when I started watching booktube, when I started my bookstagram account, when I started reading blogs, I noticed an increase in my reading. I’m quit happy with that.
12. I love the library.
What’s better than free books? I only buy books I really liked, books I really anticipated, books I know I will enjoy and sequels to books I already have.
13. I can eat and read at the same time.
14. My most owned author is Rick Riordan.
I currently own 7 books by him and that number will go up quite a bit considering all the things he’s writing. I just love his books. Thanks Uncle Rick!
15. I’m currently reading Glass sword by Victoria Aveyard.
It’s taking me ages. I started it on the 28th of October and I still have about 200 pages to go. Ugh, reading slumps….
and last, but not least
16. I want to read 60 books in 2017.
I have no clue if this is realistic. As I said, my reading habits have changed a lot over the past couple of months and my reading has increased. I only started tracking my reading in June and I don’t know what to expect in 2017. We shall see. I hope it turns out well.
And that’s it! I hope you enjoyed this post. See you next time!
*Update: I wrote this post a couple of days ago and in the meanwhile I finished Glass sword. I’m now currently reading and really enjoying Cinder by Marissa Meyer.